Thursday, May 2, 2013

Newbie No More

Hi Guys, (That's Yankee speak for Ya'll )

I haven't left you, but if you've followed all the Newbie mistakes as well as the other blog posts, you are a newbie no more. You've avoided all the newbie traps and pitfalls. So what now? What I want to discuss next is something that I need a lesson in as well. Using similies.  So before I take on this venture, I want to do some research and get some good examples, and I would love for you to do the same so you can share some of your favorite similies that you might have run across in your reading.

I hope you are a reader, because I think it will help you become a better writer. I read whatever fiction I can get my hands on and tend toward murder mysteries for reading, but write YA and sci-fi. I know you can be a good writer without being a reader, but it's like a school teacher that has never had kids. The teacher might be one of the best ever, but I think once you have your own children it gives you a little more insight and understanding. That's how I feel about reading and writing. So, as you read and you come across some great similies, jot them down and share with us at the next post. I hope to have some great ones for you too.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment